Leader: Università degli Studi della Tuscia
Affiliates: Sapienza Università di Roma, Università degli Studi Tor Vergata, Università degli Studi Roma Tre, CNR – Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, INFN – Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare.
Spoke 5 objective is:
- the promotion and fostering, valorization, dissemination, and transfer of knowledge, know-how, and technologies for social changes in line with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of UN Agenda 2030 “4 – quality education” and “11 – sustainable cities and communities” and Lazio Region Smart Specialization Strategy (S3);
- the promotion and fostering of the social mission of the university as a means of breaking down inequalities, equipping it with operational tools and resources necessary to attract young people who start from social conditions preclusive of university studies, breaking down barriers and inequalities that the pandemic has accentuated.
Planned activities are focused to:
- engage and involve various communities, organizations, companies, governmental entities, and institutions external to academia, taking into account the scientific and economic vocations of the territory of reference; define a common working strategy to produce social impacts of Rome Techopole activities in order to better increase the citizens’ and communities’ quality of life;
- engage students starting from the third year of secondary schools in Lazio, with the main objective of guiding them to the conscious choice of university study paths within the Rome Technopole project;
- promote placement of graduated students from Rome Technopole, reducing the gap between university and industrial world.
The interventions will be articulated in:
- dissemination of results of flagship projects (from FP1 to FP6);
- specific actions in the area of knowledge exchange with stakeholders and on production of public goods and civic/public engagement which includes lifelong learning opportunities, presenting research findings in an engaging and accessibly way (e.g. public events), public goods and activities for inclusion, management and protection of cultural heritage, public health, scientific communication and open science, secondary school students’ engagement, job placement, promoting women in science, and in general activities related to the achievement of SDGs goals in the economy and society;
- secondary school student engagement and graduated student placement;
- promotion of Rome Technopole brand;
- initiative aimed to reduce inequalities and promote gender balance, in particularly in STEM.
- Coordinatore Spoke 5: Prof. Giuseppe Calabrò – email@example.com
- Coordinatore Spoke 5: Prof.ssa Ilaria Baffo – firstname.lastname@example.org