Leader: Università degli Studi Tor Vergata
Affiliates: Università degli Studi La Sapienza, Università degli Studi Roma Tre, Università degli Studi della Tuscia, Università di Cassino e del Lazio Meridionale, Università Campus Bio-Medico di Roma, Istituto Superiore di Sanità, LUISS, CNR – Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, ENEA, Confindustria Dispositivi Medici, Almaviva S.p.A., Catalent Anagni S.r.l., Lventure Group S.p.A.
Spoke 2 objective is the promotion of industrial valorization of research’s results with respect to both internal and external entities and stakeholders, taking into account:
- to activate, support, encourage and test the actions necessary for the exploitation of the results of research developed in universities and research centers located in the regional territory for the maturation of the “Technology Readiness Level” (TRL) of research products from TRL 4 to TRL 6 towards industrialization and marketing, with specific focus on the involvement of the stakeholder boards through the creation of communities on the three smart specialization areas (EnT, DgT, H&BP) and of focus groups on specific subtopics;
- to activate, support, encourage and test the actions necessary for the exploitation of the results of research developed in universities and research centers located in the regional territory for the maturation of the “Technology Readiness Level” (TRL) of research products from TRL 4 to TRL 6 towards industrialization and marketing;
- studying and testing new technology transfer models to make it manageable by integrating it with industrial research and experimental development activities. Objectives are to reduce economic, technical, and scientific risks and reduce the time to market of research.
Planned activities are:
- promotion of industrial development of research results and technologies (products and transformation processes) to be developed within the TRL 4-6 (from laboratory to industrial prototype development and validation), aimed at consolidating and broadening the interest of industries and SMEs in collaborating with research groups;
- promotion of students and researchers’ entrepreneurship in systematic and participatory forms by supporting the creation of innovative start-ups/spin-offs and their acceleration;
- training courses for both researchers and industries employee mainly based on “on the job” activities strictly related to specific TT projects under way.
- creating of communities and focus groups involving external stakeholders in order to promote and support technology transfer.
The interventions will be articulated in:
- development of flagship projects (FP2, FP4, FP5 and FP6);
- open calls for prototyping and proof of concept projects addressed to the validation of products and processes, open to the participation of universities, research organizations, SMEs external to Rome Technopole, including dedicated calls for Southern Italian regions (about 60% of the calls budget);
- organization training courses to be designed on specific technological need from industries;
- promotion of startups births by providing spaces and access to dedicated funds;
- promotion of application of new patents;
- definition of a TT model capable of fully enhancing the skills present in the Technopole ecosystem
- Coordinator Spoke 2: Prof. Renato Baciocchi – email@example.com
- Coordinator Spoke 2: Prof. Gian Luca Porinelli – firstname.lastname@example.org