Leader: Sapienza Università di Roma
Affiliates: Università degli Studi Tor Vergata, Università degli Studi Roma Tre, Università degli Studi della Tuscia, Università di Cassino e del Lazio Meridionale, Università Campus Bio-Medico di Roma, LUISS, CNR – Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Istituto Superiore di Sanità, ENEA, Unidata S.p.A., Leonardo S.p.A., Thales Alenia Space Italia S.p.A., Airbus Italia S.p.A., BV-Tech S.p.A., MBDA Italia S.p.A., Maire Tecnimont S.p.A., Coima REM S.r.l., Takis S.r.l.
Spoke 1 objective is the development and promotion of industrial research activities, technology and innovation that take into account:
- The research offer of the system of universities and research institutions and of the national and international innovation network in which they operate;
- the infrastructure capacity to support research in the area (open research infrastructure and high-tech labs); the research and innovation strategies of the European community and the Lazio region; the needs and development strategies of companies and industries operating in the area.
Planned activities are:
- incentivation and dissemination of industrial research activities aimed at consolidating and broadening the interest of university research groups in industrial research to be developed within the TRL 1-5 (from fundamental research to pre-competitive development);
- dissemination of the practice of direct comparison company-research group on issues of industrial research for the definition of common objectives and shared paths that allow the development of research in the laboratory that provide for the presence of constraints in order to product and process innovation.
The interventions will be articulated in:
- development of flagship projects (from FP1 to FP6), depending on the different initial TRL;
- open calls for industrial research addressed to the innovation of products and processes, open to the participation of universities, research organizations, SMEs external to Rome Technopole, including dedicated calls for Southern Italian regions (about the 60% of the budget of the calls);
- constitution of university-industry research groups aimed at defining objectives and activities, promoting participation of stakeholders;
- definition of verification methods
- developed of a new approach to intellectual property of research results, as a tool to enhance the competitiveness of the country’s industrial and production system, in order to favor the integration between the university world, public research and industrial world, with a view to equal relationship of skills and knowledge.
In addition, Task 6 in Spoke 1 collects all activities related to project management and communication, including overall coordination of the Hub and Spokes, project management and reporting, communication of overall project aims, activities and results.
- Coordinator Spoke 1: Prof.ssa Maria Sabrina Sarto – email@example.com